Old 10-09-2010, 05:21 PM
DagB

Default raid0 and discard/trim - current state?

Hi.

I wonder about the current state of affairs regarding striping over
multiple SSDs.

Found this thread:
http://marc.info/?t=126787186000002&r=1&w=2

but nothing after that. Was this problem to hard to handle?

Dag B

Old 10-09-2010, 06:34 PM
DagB

On 10/09/2010 07:21 PM, DagB wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I wonder about the current state of affairs regarding striping over
> multiple SSDs.
>
> Found this thread:
> http://marc.info/?t=126787186000002&r=1&w=2
>
> but nothing after that. Was this problem to hard to handle?

Bad form to reply to self.

More googling finally turned up this commit:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=8357422d4bf33bc2c35884d4016c3fc 9efbbc1d2

So I'll be ordering 2 SSDs.

Dag B

Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Mike Snitzer

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 2:34 PM, DagB <dag@bakke.com> wrote:
> On 10/09/2010 07:21 PM, DagB wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I wonder about the current state of affairs regarding striping over
>> multiple SSDs.
>>
>> Found this thread:
>> http://marc.info/?t=126787186000002&r=1&w=2
>>
>> but nothing after that. Was this problem to hard to handle?
>>

> Bad form to reply to self.
>
> More googling finally turned up this commit:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=8357422d4bf33bc2c35884d4016c3fc 9efbbc1d2

To be clear: DM's striped target does support discards. MD's raid0
(or any MD raid level) does not.