Old 08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Mike Snitzer

Default block, fs: replace HARDBARRIER with FLUSH/FUA

On Wed, Aug 25 2010 at 11:47am -0400,
Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This patchset is combination of the following three patchset.
>
> [1] block: replace barrier with sequenced flush
> [2] block: convert to REQ_FLUSH/FUA
> [3] replace barriers with explicit flush / FUA usage
>
> Changes from the previous postings are,
>
> * Rebased on top of 2.6.36-rc2 (502adf5778f4151dcba3f64dd6ed322151f3712c)

Awesome, thanks!

> * dm conversion is excluded for now.
> I've audited all make_request drivers and after this patchset only
> blktrace, dm, drbd and xen need more work. I'll work on blktrace and
> dm

OK, once you have the DM patch refreshed I'll jump in with further
changes (SCSI error differentiation in mpath) and more careful review of
the DM changes (both bio-based and request-based).

Thanks again!
Mike