This patchset is combination of the following three patchset.
 block: replace barrier with sequenced flush
 block: convert to REQ_FLUSH/FUA
 replace barriers with explicit flush / FUA usage
Changes from the previous postings are,
* Rebased on top of 2.6.36-rc2 (502adf5778f4151dcba3f64dd6ed322151f3712c)
* Acked/Reviewed-by's added.
patch added which removes blk_queue_flushing().
* BH flags, which are no longer necessary on 2.6.36-rc2, are dropped
from fs-block-propagate-REQ_FLUSH-FUA-interface-to-upper-layers and
the patch is collapsed into
* block-filter-flush-bio-s-in-__generic_make_request added. This
makes sure make_request based drivers which don't implement cache
flushes don't see REQ_FLUSH/FUA requests.
* block-simplify-queue_next_fseq added.
* REQ_FUA support dropped from virtio/lguest conversion as suggested
* md conversion updated as suggested by Neil Brown.
* dm conversion is excluded for now.
* block-remove-the-BLKDEV_IFL_BARRIER-flag patch now also removes
* block-remove-the-write-barrier-flag patch excluded for now (pending
on dm conversion).
I've audited all make_request drivers and after this patchset only
blktrace, dm, drbd and xen need more work. I'll work on blktrace and
dm but leave xen and drbd for the respective maintainers.
Build tested w/ allmodconfig and lightly tested w/ ext4 and xfs.
This patchst contains the following thirty patches.