FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Default Need Help

Chandra Seetharaman [sekharan@us.ibm.com] wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 12:40 -0600, Nath, Varun wrote:
> > I used the /dev/mapper/mpath# also in the fstab but that did not help.
>
> That is odd.
>
> When the system boots up completely, do you see the multipath devices,
> or you explicitly run the multipath command to make the multipath
> devices show up ?

RHEL doesn't require anything other than the mere presence of
/etc/mulipath.conf to configure multipath devices. BUT there was a bug
where it was not able to properly use the /etc/multipath.conf file at
boot time when the file system (/var) is mounted read-only. So you get
device names based SCSI WWN. There is an init script that essentially
runs multipathd that renames the 'SCSI WWN' names to user friendly
names (apart from doing the job of path health check).

Make sure you start the multipath[d] rc script.

-Malahal.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:15 PM
"Nath, Varun"
 
Default Need Help

Hi,

I don't see any think like boot.multipathd. Is it some special rpm that
I need to install?



-----Original Message-----
From: dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Pradipmaya Maharana
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:40 PM
To: device-mapper development
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Need Help

Attached document was shared by Chandra for installing RHEL/SLES on
multipath devices.
See if anything helps you.

Regards,
Pradipmaya.

On Jan 17, 2008 10:34 AM, Nath, Varun <varun.nath@amd.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please provide me with the process to add the dm-multipath in
> mkinitrd?
>
> I am sure that those devices are not getting loaded.
>
> Also regarding the fstab, I earlier had the LVM for those LUNs. But
> since I faced the problem of system not booting up, I removed them for
> the time being.
>
> Thanks,
> Varun Nath
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com]
> On Behalf Of Pradipmaya Maharana
> Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:25 PM
> To: device-mapper development
> Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Need Help
>
> Could you please share the fstab entry (also what you are trying to
add
> to it).
> When are you getting the problem (not recognizing devices), is it at
> boot time?
>
> I am new to Linux but my hunch is when you are booting, as multipath
> is loaded, these devices are not getting recognised. In this case you
> might want to mkinitrd with dm-multipath.
>
> Thanks,
> Pradipmaya.
>
> 2008/1/17 Nath, Varun <varun.nath@amd.com>:
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >
> >
> > I am trying to configure multipathing on Red hat 4 update 6 64 bit.
> >
> >
> >
> > Below is the list of RPM I have installed
> >
> >
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep mapper
> >
> > device-mapper-1.02.21-1.el4
> >
> > device-mapper-1.02.21-1.el4
> >
> > device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-27.RHEL4
> >
> >
> >
> > The hardware is Sun x4600 and I am using QLA cards. The system has
two
> LUNs
> > presented to it of size 10 GB and size 90 GB
> >
> >
> >
> > There is a problem when I configure file system on it. I am able to
> access
> > and mount the file system. But when I add those entries in
/etc/fstab,
> the
> > system would not recognize those devices.
> >
> >
> >
> > Below is the output from multipath command
> >
> >
> >
> > multipath -ll
> >
> > mpath5 (3600508b40010541d00009000065d0000)
> >
> > [size=90 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]
> >
> > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][active]
> >
> > \_ 1:0:0:2 sdd 8:48 [active][ready]
> >
> > \_ 2:0:0:2 sdh 8:112 [active][ready]
> >
> > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=20][enabled]
> >
> > \_ 1:0:1:2 sdf 8:80 [active][ready]
> >
> > \_ 2:0:1:2 sdj 8:144 [active][ready]
> >
> >
> >
> > mpath4 (3600508b40010541d00009000065a0000)
> >
> > [size=10 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]
> >
> > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][enabled]
> >
> > \_ 1:0:1:1 sde 8:64 [active][ready]
> >
> > \_ 2:0:1:1 sdi 8:128 [active][ready]
> >
> > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=20][enabled]
> >
> > \_ 1:0:0:1 sdc 8:32 [active][ready]
> >
> > \_ 2:0:0:1 sdg 8:96 [active][ready]
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Also, below is my /etc/multipath.conf
> >
> >
> >
> > # This is an example configuration file for device mapper multipath.
> >
> > # For a complete list of the default configuration values, see
> >
> > #
/usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.defaults
> >
> > # For a list of configuration options with descriptions, see
> >
> > #
> /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.annotated
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > # Blacklist all devices by default. Remove this to enable
multipathing
> >
> > # on the default devices.
> >
> > #devnode_blacklist {
> >
> > # devnode "*"
> >
> > #}
> >
> >
> >
> > ## Use user friendly names, instead of using WWIDs as names.
> >
> > defaults {
> >
> > user_friendly_names yes
> >
> > selector "round-robin 0"
> >
> > }
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ## By default, devices with vendor = "IBM" and product = "S/390.*"
are
> >
> > ## blacklisted. To enable mulitpathing on these devies, uncomment
the
> >
> > ## following lines.
> >
> > #devices {
> >
> > # device {
> >
> > # vendor "IBM"
> >
> > # product "S/390 DASD ECKD"
> >
> > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> >
> > # getuid_callout "/sbin/dasdview -j -f
/dev/%n"
> >
> > # path_checker directio
> >
> > # }
> >
> > #}
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ##
> >
> > ## This is a template multipath-tools configuration file
> >
> > ## Uncomment the lines relevent to your environment
> >
> > ##
> >
> > #defaults {
> >
> > # udev_dir /dev
> >
> > # polling_interval 10
> >
> > # selector "round-robin 0"
> >
> > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> >
> > # getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
> >
> > # prio_callout /bin/true
> >
> > # path_checker readsector0
> >
> > # rr_min_io 100
> >
> > # rr_weight priorities
> >
> > # failback immediate
> >
> > # no_path_retry fail
> >
> > # user_friendly_name yes
> >
> > #}
> >
> > ##
> >
> > ## The wwid line in the following blacklist section is shown as an
> example
> >
> > ## of how to blacklist devices by wwid. The 3 devnode lines are the
> >
> > ## compiled in default blacklist. If you want to blacklist entire
> types
> >
> > ## of devices, such as all scsi devices, you should use a devnode
> line.
> >
> > ## However, if you want to blacklist specific devices, you should
use
> >
> > ## a wwid line. Since there is no guarantee that a specific device
> will
> >
> > ## not change names on reboot (from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb for
example)
> >
> > ## devnode lines are not recommended for blacklisting specific
> devices.
> >
> > ##
> >
> > devnode_blacklist {
> >
> > wwid 3600508e000000000ed7fb52911133c06
> >
> > devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
> >
> > devnode "^hd[a-z]"
> >
> > }
> >
> > #multipaths {
> >
> > # multipath {
> >
> > # wwid
> 3600508b4000156d700012000000b0000
> >
> > # alias yellow
> >
> > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> >
> > # path_checker readsector0
> >
> > # path_selector "round-robin 0"
> >
> > # failback manual
> >
> > # rr_weight priorities
> >
> > # no_path_retry 5
> >
> > # }
> >
> > # multipath {
> >
> > # wwid 1DEC_____321816758474
> >
> > # alias red
> >
> > # }
> >
> > #}
> >
> > #devices {
> >
> > # device {
> >
> > # vendor "COMPAQ "
> >
> > # product "HSV110 (C)COMPAQ"
> >
> > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> >
> > # getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s
> /block/%n"
> >
> > # path_checker readsector0
> >
> > # path_selector "round-robin 0"
> >
> > # hardware_handler "0"
> >
> > # failback 15
> >
> > # rr_weight priorities
> >
> > # no_path_retry queue
> >
> > # }
> >
> > # device {
> >
> > # vendor "COMPAQ "
> >
> > # product "MSA1000 "
> >
> > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> >
> > # }
> >
> > #}
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Here is the contents of the /dev/mpath/
> >
> >
> >
> > [root@x mpath]# pwd
> >
> > /dev/mpath
> >
> > [root@x mpath]# ls -all
> >
> > total 0
> >
> > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Jan 16 17:34 .
> >
> > drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 5260 Jan 17 08:17 ..
> >
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Jan 16 17:34 mpath4 -> ../dm-8
> >
> > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Jan 16 17:34 mpath5 -> ../dm-9
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Can anyone please help me with this? I think I am missing some
> configuration
> > on the system which is causing this.
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > dm-devel mailing list
> > dm-devel@redhat.com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
> >
>
> --
> dm-devel mailing list
> dm-devel@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> dm-devel mailing list
> dm-devel@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
>



--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:15 PM
 
Default Need Help

Nath, Varun [varun.nath@amd.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to run multipath command to recreate those devices. There is not
> directory like /dev/mpath/ created on boot.

See my previous message. You need to enable the multipath rc service.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:24 PM
"Nath, Varun"
 
Default Need Help

Hi,


Is this the script you are talking about?

[root@x rc3.d]# more S13multipathd
#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/multipathd
#
# Starts the multipath daemon
#
# chkconfig: - 13 87
# description: Manage device-mapper multipath devices
# processname: multipathd

DAEMON=/sbin/multipathd
prog=`basename $DAEMON`
initdir=/etc/rc.d/init.d
lockdir=/var/lock/subsys
sysconfig=/etc/sysconfig


system=redhat

if [ $system = redhat ]; then
# Source function library.
. $initdir/functions
fi

test -r $sysconfig/$prog && . $sysconfig/$prog

RETVAL=0

#
# See how we were called.
#

start() {
test -x $DAEMON || exit 5
echo -n $"Starting $prog daemon: "
daemon $DAEMON
RETVAL=$?
[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch $lockdir/$prog
echo
}

stop() {
echo -n $"Stopping $prog daemon: "
killproc $DAEMON
RETVAL=$?
[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f $lockdir/$prog
echo
}

restart() {
stop
start
}

reload() {
echo -n "Reloading $prog: "
trap "" SIGHUP
killproc $DAEMON -HUP
RETVAL=$?
echo
}

case "$1" in
start)
start
;;
stop)
stop
;;
reload)
reload
;;
restart)
restart
;;
condrestart)
if [ -f $lockdir/$prog ]; then
restart
fi
;;
status)
status $prog
RETVAL=$?
;;
*)
echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|status|restart|condrestart|reload}"
RETVAL=3
esac

exit $RETVAL

-----Original Message-----
From: dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com]
On Behalf Of malahal@us.ibm.com
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:14 PM
To: dm-devel@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Need Help

Chandra Seetharaman [sekharan@us.ibm.com] wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 12:40 -0600, Nath, Varun wrote:
> > I used the /dev/mapper/mpath# also in the fstab but that did not
help.
>
> That is odd.
>
> When the system boots up completely, do you see the multipath devices,
> or you explicitly run the multipath command to make the multipath
> devices show up ?

RHEL doesn't require anything other than the mere presence of
/etc/mulipath.conf to configure multipath devices. BUT there was a bug
where it was not able to properly use the /etc/multipath.conf file at
boot time when the file system (/var) is mounted read-only. So you get
device names based SCSI WWN. There is an init script that essentially
runs multipathd that renames the 'SCSI WWN' names to user friendly
names (apart from doing the job of path health check).

Make sure you start the multipath[d] rc script.

-Malahal.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel





--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
"Pradipmaya Maharana"
 
Default Need Help

Run the following:

# chkconfig multipathd on
# /etc/init.d/ multipath status

Regards,
Pradipmaya.

On Jan 17, 2008 12:15 PM, Nath, Varun <varun.nath@amd.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't see any think like boot.multipathd. Is it some special rpm that
> I need to install?
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com]
> On Behalf Of Pradipmaya Maharana
>
> Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:40 PM
> To: device-mapper development
> Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Need Help
>
> Attached document was shared by Chandra for installing RHEL/SLES on
> multipath devices.
> See if anything helps you.
>
> Regards,
> Pradipmaya.
>
> On Jan 17, 2008 10:34 AM, Nath, Varun <varun.nath@amd.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you please provide me with the process to add the dm-multipath in
> > mkinitrd?
> >
> > I am sure that those devices are not getting loaded.
> >
> > Also regarding the fstab, I earlier had the LVM for those LUNs. But
> > since I faced the problem of system not booting up, I removed them for
> > the time being.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Varun Nath
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com]
> > On Behalf Of Pradipmaya Maharana
> > Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 12:25 PM
> > To: device-mapper development
> > Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Need Help
> >
> > Could you please share the fstab entry (also what you are trying to
> add
> > to it).
> > When are you getting the problem (not recognizing devices), is it at
> > boot time?
> >
> > I am new to Linux but my hunch is when you are booting, as multipath
> > is loaded, these devices are not getting recognised. In this case you
> > might want to mkinitrd with dm-multipath.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pradipmaya.
> >
> > 2008/1/17 Nath, Varun <varun.nath@amd.com>:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I am trying to configure multipathing on Red hat 4 update 6 64 bit.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Below is the list of RPM I have installed
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > rpm -qa | grep mapper
> > >
> > > device-mapper-1.02.21-1.el4
> > >
> > > device-mapper-1.02.21-1.el4
> > >
> > > device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-27.RHEL4
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The hardware is Sun x4600 and I am using QLA cards. The system has
> two
> > LUNs
> > > presented to it of size 10 GB and size 90 GB
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > There is a problem when I configure file system on it. I am able to
> > access
> > > and mount the file system. But when I add those entries in
> /etc/fstab,
> > the
> > > system would not recognize those devices.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Below is the output from multipath command
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > multipath -ll
> > >
> > > mpath5 (3600508b40010541d00009000065d0000)
> > >
> > > [size=90 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]
> > >
> > > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][active]
> > >
> > > \_ 1:0:0:2 sdd 8:48 [active][ready]
> > >
> > > \_ 2:0:0:2 sdh 8:112 [active][ready]
> > >
> > > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=20][enabled]
> > >
> > > \_ 1:0:1:2 sdf 8:80 [active][ready]
> > >
> > > \_ 2:0:1:2 sdj 8:144 [active][ready]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > mpath4 (3600508b40010541d00009000065a0000)
> > >
> > > [size=10 GB][features="1 queue_if_no_path"][hwhandler="0"]
> > >
> > > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=100][enabled]
> > >
> > > \_ 1:0:1:1 sde 8:64 [active][ready]
> > >
> > > \_ 2:0:1:1 sdi 8:128 [active][ready]
> > >
> > > \_ round-robin 0 [prio=20][enabled]
> > >
> > > \_ 1:0:0:1 sdc 8:32 [active][ready]
> > >
> > > \_ 2:0:0:1 sdg 8:96 [active][ready]
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Also, below is my /etc/multipath.conf
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > # This is an example configuration file for device mapper multipath.
> > >
> > > # For a complete list of the default configuration values, see
> > >
> > > #
> /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.defaults
> > >
> > > # For a list of configuration options with descriptions, see
> > >
> > > #
> > /usr/share/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.annotated
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > # Blacklist all devices by default. Remove this to enable
> multipathing
> > >
> > > # on the default devices.
> > >
> > > #devnode_blacklist {
> > >
> > > # devnode "*"
> > >
> > > #}
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ## Use user friendly names, instead of using WWIDs as names.
> > >
> > > defaults {
> > >
> > > user_friendly_names yes
> > >
> > > selector "round-robin 0"
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ## By default, devices with vendor = "IBM" and product = "S/390.*"
> are
> > >
> > > ## blacklisted. To enable mulitpathing on these devies, uncomment
> the
> > >
> > > ## following lines.
> > >
> > > #devices {
> > >
> > > # device {
> > >
> > > # vendor "IBM"
> > >
> > > # product "S/390 DASD ECKD"
> > >
> > > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> > >
> > > # getuid_callout "/sbin/dasdview -j -f
> /dev/%n"
> > >
> > > # path_checker directio
> > >
> > > # }
> > >
> > > #}
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ##
> > >
> > > ## This is a template multipath-tools configuration file
> > >
> > > ## Uncomment the lines relevent to your environment
> > >
> > > ##
> > >
> > > #defaults {
> > >
> > > # udev_dir /dev
> > >
> > > # polling_interval 10
> > >
> > > # selector "round-robin 0"
> > >
> > > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> > >
> > > # getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
> > >
> > > # prio_callout /bin/true
> > >
> > > # path_checker readsector0
> > >
> > > # rr_min_io 100
> > >
> > > # rr_weight priorities
> > >
> > > # failback immediate
> > >
> > > # no_path_retry fail
> > >
> > > # user_friendly_name yes
> > >
> > > #}
> > >
> > > ##
> > >
> > > ## The wwid line in the following blacklist section is shown as an
> > example
> > >
> > > ## of how to blacklist devices by wwid. The 3 devnode lines are the
> > >
> > > ## compiled in default blacklist. If you want to blacklist entire
> > types
> > >
> > > ## of devices, such as all scsi devices, you should use a devnode
> > line.
> > >
> > > ## However, if you want to blacklist specific devices, you should
> use
> > >
> > > ## a wwid line. Since there is no guarantee that a specific device
> > will
> > >
> > > ## not change names on reboot (from /dev/sda to /dev/sdb for
> example)
> > >
> > > ## devnode lines are not recommended for blacklisting specific
> > devices.
> > >
> > > ##
> > >
> > > devnode_blacklist {
> > >
> > > wwid 3600508e000000000ed7fb52911133c06
> > >
> > > devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
> > >
> > > devnode "^hd[a-z]"
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > #multipaths {
> > >
> > > # multipath {
> > >
> > > # wwid
> > 3600508b4000156d700012000000b0000
> > >
> > > # alias yellow
> > >
> > > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> > >
> > > # path_checker readsector0
> > >
> > > # path_selector "round-robin 0"
> > >
> > > # failback manual
> > >
> > > # rr_weight priorities
> > >
> > > # no_path_retry 5
> > >
> > > # }
> > >
> > > # multipath {
> > >
> > > # wwid 1DEC_____321816758474
> > >
> > > # alias red
> > >
> > > # }
> > >
> > > #}
> > >
> > > #devices {
> > >
> > > # device {
> > >
> > > # vendor "COMPAQ "
> > >
> > > # product "HSV110 (C)COMPAQ"
> > >
> > > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> > >
> > > # getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s
> > /block/%n"
> > >
> > > # path_checker readsector0
> > >
> > > # path_selector "round-robin 0"
> > >
> > > # hardware_handler "0"
> > >
> > > # failback 15
> > >
> > > # rr_weight priorities
> > >
> > > # no_path_retry queue
> > >
> > > # }
> > >
> > > # device {
> > >
> > > # vendor "COMPAQ "
> > >
> > > # product "MSA1000 "
> > >
> > > # path_grouping_policy multibus
> > >
> > > # }
> > >
> > > #}
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Here is the contents of the /dev/mpath/
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [root@x mpath]# pwd
> > >
> > > /dev/mpath
> > >
> > > [root@x mpath]# ls -all
> > >
> > > total 0
> > >
> > > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Jan 16 17:34 .
> > >
> > > drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 5260 Jan 17 08:17 ..
> > >
> > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Jan 16 17:34 mpath4 -> ../dm-8
> > >
> > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Jan 16 17:34 mpath5 -> ../dm-9
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Can anyone please help me with this? I think I am missing some
> > configuration
> > > on the system which is causing this.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > dm-devel mailing list
> > > dm-devel@redhat.com
> > > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
> > >
> >
> > --
> > dm-devel mailing list
> > dm-devel@redhat.com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > dm-devel mailing list
> > dm-devel@redhat.com
> > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
> >
>
>
>
> --
> dm-devel mailing list
> dm-devel@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
>

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:30 PM
 
Default Need Help

Nath, Varun [varun.nath@amd.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't see any think like boot.multipathd. Is it some special rpm that
> I need to install?

Example: /etc/rc.d/init.d/multipathd script is in device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-27.RHEL4.i386.rpm RPM.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:35 PM
 
Default Need Help

Pradipmaya Maharana [pradipmaya@gmail.com] wrote:
> Run the following:
>
> # chkconfig multipathd on
> # /etc/init.d/ multipath status

The second command actually is "/etc/init.d/multipathd status"
to get the status of the given rc script (multipathd in this case)

--Malahal.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
"Nath, Varun"
 
Default Need Help

Yes that script is there.

-----Original Message-----
From: dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com]
On Behalf Of malahal@us.ibm.com
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:31 PM
To: dm-devel@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Need Help

Nath, Varun [varun.nath@amd.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't see any think like boot.multipathd. Is it some special rpm
that
> I need to install?

Example: /etc/rc.d/init.d/multipathd script is in
device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-27.RHEL4.i386.rpm RPM.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel





--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:39 PM
"Nath, Varun"
 
Default Need Help

[root@x init.d]# /etc/init.d/multipathd status
multipathd (pid 4563) is running...
[root@x init.d]# /etc/init.d/multipath status
-bash: /etc/init.d/multipath: No such file or directory
[root@x init.d]# /etc/init.d/ multipath status
-bash: /etc/init.d/: is a directory
[root@x init.d]#

-----Original Message-----
From: dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces@redhat.com]
On Behalf Of malahal@us.ibm.com
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:36 PM
To: dm-devel@redhat.com
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Need Help

Pradipmaya Maharana [pradipmaya@gmail.com] wrote:
> Run the following:
>
> # chkconfig multipathd on
> # /etc/init.d/ multipath status

The second command actually is "/etc/init.d/multipathd status"
to get the status of the given rc script (multipathd in this case)

--Malahal.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel





--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 
Old 01-17-2008, 07:44 PM
 
Default Need Help

Nath, Varun [varun.nath@amd.com] wrote:
> Yes that script is there.

Run "chkconfig multipathd on" and reboot as Pradipmaya suggested.

--
dm-devel mailing list
dm-devel@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/dm-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org