Old 05-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Jens Axboe

Default blk: In elv_abort_queue skip requests with REQ_DONTPREP set

On Mon, May 03 2010, Mike Anderson wrote:
> Having REQ_DONTPREP set on a request can indicated that resources have been
> allocated for this request. In elv_abort_queue skip requests with
> REQ_DONTPREP set to avoid leaking resources.

This also seems weird, are you coding the API backwards from what SCSI
currently has implemented?

Would seem a lot cleaner to separate dont-prep from already-prepped.

--
Jens Axboe

Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Jens Axboe

On Tue, May 04 2010, Mike Anderson wrote:
> Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 03 2010, Mike Anderson wrote:
> > > Having REQ_DONTPREP set on a request can indicated that resources have been
> > > allocated for this request. In elv_abort_queue skip requests with
> > > REQ_DONTPREP set to avoid leaking resources.
> >
> > This also seems weird, are you coding the API backwards from what SCSI
> > currently has implemented?
> >

> Yes I was coding to current SCSI implementation.
>
> > Would seem a lot cleaner to separate dont-prep from already-prepped.
> >

> I assumed to do this we would need another request flag indicating
> ??REQ_PREPPED?? that would need to be set in the prep function. Then
> this flag would be checked vs REQ_DONTPREP to call the unprep_fn or did you
> mean something else?

Yeah, something like that, cleanly seperating the state of needing
unprep vs never being prepped. As that's a driver state, most drivers
should be able to get that info without needing an extra flag. But it's
probably cleaner to add the REQ_PREPPED flag and only call back into the
driver if the rq really needs an unprep.

--
Jens Axboe