-   -   multipath: don't let init script stop multipathd for root devices (http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/347203-multipath-dont-let-init-script-stop-multipathd-root-devices.html)

Kiyoshi Ueda 03-26-2010 01:04 AM

multipath: don't let init script stop multipathd for root devices

Hi Ben,

On 03/26/2010 02:52 AM +0900, Benjamin Marzinski wrote:
> This patch modifies the redhat init script, so that it doesn't allow
> multipathd to be stopped when the root device is on it.

Why do you need to prevent stopping daemon by script-level forcibly?
I think that users/developers may want to restart the daemon at their
own risk when it starts to behave something wrong or they change
a configuration (since "reconfigure" may not be stable feature).

# Maybe others have different opinion but I often use "restart".

If you need this patch anyway, please add other options to stop/restart
the daemon forcibly. (e.g. adding force-stop/force-restart)

Thanks,
Kiyoshi Ueda