-   -   Test chunk size against both origin and snapshot sector size (http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/341935-test-chunk-size-against-both-origin-snapshot-sector-size.html)

"Martin K. Petersen" 03-15-2010 03:53 PM

Test chunk size against both origin and snapshot sector size

>> Do you mean something like 512b logical and 4K physical? Such
>> devices must perform the appropriate r-m-w. A 4K formatted device
>> will report 4K for both logical and physical (unless the device and
>> format tool allows for physical != logical).
>>
>> Mike

Mikulas> No, I meant what happens if you format it with 514, 516, etc
Mikulas> physical blocksize. the Linux clearly doesn't support it, so
Mikulas> what will it do with it? I'll try when I finish tests on 4K.

We only support powers of two (except when the drive is formatted with
DIF but even in that case the logical_block_size is a power of two).

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering