Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
"jose nuno neto"

Default Boot Problems with Multipath

Hi2all

I was doing some testing on multipath on san and copied a
/etc/multipath.conf from one machine to another. each machine has local
disk for / and all OS partitions. San/multipath is used only on data.
I had black list local disk on /etc/multipath.conf but when I copied from
one machine to the other...no longer blacklist
After this ( i didn't noticed the error ) I issue a mkinitrd

After all this when rebooting the machine with the wrong local disk black
list, the boot hangs after setting hostname, wtih message "cannot create
directory /var/lib filesystem read only"

I have gonne into rescue mode, rebuild initrd, disable friendy_names
option ( read some references about it) but cant boot. Now no create
directory errors but doesn't go after setting hostname

Any clues on how to fix it?

Thanks
Jose

believed to be clean.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:33 PM

jose nuno neto [jose.neto@liber4e.com] wrote:
> Hi2all
>
> I was doing some testing on multipath on san and copied a
> /etc/multipath.conf from one machine to another. each machine has local
> disk for / and all OS partitions. San/multipath is used only on data.
> I had black list local disk on /etc/multipath.conf but when I copied from
> one machine to the other...no longer blacklist
> After this ( i didn't noticed the error ) I issue a mkinitrd
>
> After all this when rebooting the machine with the wrong local disk black
> list, the boot hangs after setting hostname, wtih message "cannot create
> directory /var/lib filesystem read only"
>
> I have gonne into rescue mode, rebuild initrd, disable friendy_names
> option ( read some references about it) but cant boot. Now no create
> directory errors but doesn't go after setting hostname
>
> Any clues on how to fix it?

Create /var/lib/multipath/bindings file and reboot.