Old 02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Alasdair G Kergon

Default dm-mpath: separate pg-init handling from process_queued_ios()

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 01:22:23PM +0900, Kiyoshi Ueda wrote:
> This patch is a preparation of the next patch, which fixes the issue
> that ioctl isn't processed until any I/O is issued. (And also it is
> a preparation of another patch-set to remove multipath internal queue.)
> No functional change.

I've split this into two, but it's very 'tight' code forming a state
machine here, and while I understand the principle of the patch, I can't
spot an easy way to tell that all the paths through the code are right.
Is it worth trying to extend the explanation, or will later patches be
replacing this code, making it better to wait for that new code before
reviewing?

ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/dm/patches/2.6-unstable/editing/patches/dm-mpath-refactor-pg_init-trigger.patch

Alasdair

Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Alasdair G Kergon

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 07:31:15PM +0900, Kiyoshi Ueda wrote:
> While trying to extend the explanation, I come to think there may be
> better implementation for pg_init refactoring.
> So please wait reviewing dm-mpath-refactor-pg_init-trigger.patch until
> my next update.
> (I think dm-mpath-refactor-pg_init.patch is no problem to apply even
> at this point.)

OK.

Alasdair