Old 10-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Wes Felter

Default dmcache project

ganesh kumar wrote:

hello,
I am working on the dmcacheio project which is described in the
http://kernelnewbies.org/KernelProjects/DmCache.I am newbie to he
kernel modules..kindly give me the ideas to implement the project
through device mapper.hoping replies

Someone already started on this:
http://users.cis.fiu.edu/~zhaom/dmcache/index.html

There are plenty of possible improvements:
Parameter tuning (e.g. block size)
Replacing the set associative crap with a fully associative hash table
Sequential IO bypass
Flash-optimized writeback (e.g. log-structured)

Wes Felter