Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Tomasz Torcz

Default multipathd support for non-SCSI devices (AOE)?

Hello,

I was playing with ATA-over-Ethernet lately and to my sadness, multipathd
seem to ignore aoe devices. I've traced it to followingg error:

Oct 20 09:05:52 | Discover device /sys/block/etherd!e0.0
Oct 20 09:05:52 | path /sys/block/etherd!e0.0/device not present

AOE devices don't have "device" file or symlink in their sysfs directories.
I've found one mailing list message from 2005 stating that multipath tools are
designed to be general, but current implementation is SCSI-only.
Has the situation changed recently, or am I out of luck trying to multipath
AOE devices?
I'm using device-mapper-multipath-0.4.9-5.fc12.x86_64

--
Tomasz Torcz Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzichubg@chrome.pl -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen