Old 02-26-2009, 02:04 AM
Konrad Rzeszutek

Default multipathd segfault and error calling out

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:07:44PM -0500, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> Hello, all. I am running on kernel 2.6.27 on CentOS 5.2 with VServer
> and device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-17.el5. I have a custom
> mpath_prio_ssi script which takes the device name (e.g., sdaa), pulls
> out the path from /etc/disk/by-path and then echos a priority based upon
> a lookup table. It works perfectly fine from the command line.
> multipath -ll shows the priorities assigned perfectly and exactly the
> right paths are active.
>
> However, when I start multipathd, it all goes down the tubes. The paths
> disappear and /var/log/messages is filled with:
> Feb 25 20:50:17 vd01 multipathd: error calling out /usr/local/sbin/mpath_prio_ssi sdh

Keep in mind that the environment you have when multipathd calls is quite
limited. I believe there is no PATH set, nor any other "normal" values.

Make sure your code uses absolute paths. So "/bin/grep" ,"/bin/cut", etc..

Old 02-26-2009, 02:23 AM
"John A. Sullivan III"

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 22:04 -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:07:44PM -0500, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > Hello, all. I am running on kernel 2.6.27 on CentOS 5.2 with VServer
> > and device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-17.el5. I have a custom
> > mpath_prio_ssi script which takes the device name (e.g., sdaa), pulls
> > out the path from /etc/disk/by-path and then echos a priority based upon
> > a lookup table. It works perfectly fine from the command line.
> > multipath -ll shows the priorities assigned perfectly and exactly the
> > right paths are active.
> >
> > However, when I start multipathd, it all goes down the tubes. The paths
> > disappear and /var/log/messages is filled with:
> > Feb 25 20:50:17 vd01 multipathd: error calling out /usr/local/sbin/mpath_prio_ssi sdh
>
> Keep in mind that the environment you have when multipathd calls is quite
> limited. I believe there is no PATH set, nor any other "normal" values.
>
> Make sure your code uses absolute paths. So "/bin/grep" ,"/bin/cut", etc..
<snip>
Thank you. I was enthusiastic that might have been the problem, but
alas not. Even with absolute pathnames and setting the PATH variable, it
still gives the same error. In fact, I should have mentioned, I created
a bogus file with the same pathname which did nothing but "echo hello"
and it gave the same error calling out error. What next? - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

http://www.spiritualoutreach.com