Old 11-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Tore Anderson

Default [dm-devel] order of preference / multipath.conf

* Paul Cote

> Is the following order of preference accurate?
>

> 1) Multipaths section (in /etc/multipath.conf)
> 2) Device section (in /etc/multipath.conf)
> 3) Defaults section (in /etc/multipath.conf)
> 4) Internal default (hwtable.c)

I think maybe that number 3 and 4 is swapped, but don't take my word for
it. It should be easy to do some tests and figure it out for yourself
by using the "show config" command inside the "multipathd -k" shell with
a few different configuration files.

Regards
--
Tore Anderson

Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 PM
"Stefan Bader"

2007/11/21, Paul Cote <paul.cote@incipient.com>:

*

I found this in an old thread and want to confirm as it will
influence how/what we include in multipath.conf

*

Is the following order of preference accurate?

*1) Multipaths section (in /etc/multipath.conf)
2) Device section** (in /etc/multipath.conf)
3) Defaults section (in /etc/multipath.conf)4) Internal default (hwtable.c)
*The last two (3 and 4) are the other way round. If there is an entry in hwtable.c, this will take effect.

Stefan

Old 11-21-2007, 04:01 PM
"Paul Cote"

Stefan / Tore

¬*

Thanks … and good to know that hwtable.c
entries take precedence over defaults.

¬*

¬*