Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 PM
"Alan D. Brunelle"

Default Problem w/

I'm attempting to boot a recent 2.6.27-rc4 based kernel, but have run
into a strange thing:

Setting up Logical Volume Management: Failed to format device number
for as dm target (259,987136)
1 logical volume(s) in volume group "oralogvg1" now active
Failed to format device number for as dm target (259,1003520)
1 logical volume(s) in volume group "oralogvg2" now active
Failed to format device number for as dm target (259,905216)
Failed to format device number for as dm target (259,905216)
2 logical volume(s) in volume group "oradbvg" now active

This is (at least) due to an issue in the DM library: it only has room
for 10 total character in some names, and with:

259:1003520
259:905216

We exceed the size (need room for the ''). I don't know why the minors
all of a sudden became so huge (is this normal?) but I /can/ access the
devices themselves. Version information below:

root@tin(root)vs --version
LVM version: 2.02.26-RHEL5 (2007-08-09)
Library version: 1.02.20 (2007-06-15)
Driver version: 4.14.0

Is there some up-stream patch in the DM Library that has larger sizes
available for use?

Thanks,
Alan