Old 08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
"NC SPIRIT"

Default "sginfo" command failed on /dev/mapper/mpath0

Hi, all
*
I have met some errors when running sginfo command to the DM device. Here is the error message:
*
# sginfo* /dev/mapper/mpath0
A device name that understands SCSI commands is required
Couldn't find sg device corresponding to /dev/mapper/mpath0
*
However, I ever noticed that the latest RHEL would support*persistent reservation*for DM-MPIO. I don't have a chance to try it yet. Anyone can shed some light on how the PR is implemented? Currently the device mapper pseudo device does not even respond to SCSI 3 inquiry command...

*
thx a lot!
*
Tim