Old 08-08-2008, 08:38 AM

Default error calling out /sbin/scsi_id

Hello all,

Why do I get the following error message:
error calling out /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sda

after I run multipath for a second time.

Example:

multipath -F -> everything not used is flushed
multipath -> mpaths are created
multipath (2nd time) -> error msg

I'd like to understand and avoid this error. Can you point me to any
documentation please?

Thanks,
Josep SERRANO.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:53 AM

About my previous question, could I just write something like :

getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n > /dev/null"

in multipath.conf ?

Cheers,
Josep SERRANO.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Konrad Rzeszutek

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 10:53:17AM +0200, mylists@montblanc.homeip.net wrote:
> About my previous question, could I just write something like :
>
> getuid_callout "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n > /dev/null"
>
> in multipath.conf ?

No :-)

If you did that the data the scsi_id produced for you disk (like the
WWN) would not be sent to the standard input and multipat wouldn't
be able to read it.

> Cheers,
> Josep SERRANO.
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Why do I get the following error message:
> > error calling out /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sda
> >
> > after I run multipath for a second time.

What happens if you run it that program just by itself? Any errors?