Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
"Paul Cote"

Default Black listing CLARiiON "LUNZ"?

Hi

¬*

The array data struct for DGC (CLARiiON) shows that LUNZ is
blacklisted; but any tine that LUN is ‚Äúvisible‚ÄĚ during a reboot;
the host will hang.

¬*

EMC did state this was an issue in their DM config guide;
but I thought black listing would circumvent the issue.

¬*

Any suggestions?

¬*

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* }

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* device {

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
vendor DGC

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
product *

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
product_blacklist LUNZ

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
path_grouping_policy group_by_prio

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
path_checker emc_clariion

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
features 1 queue_if_no_path

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
hardware_handler 1 emc

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
prio_callout /sbin/mpath_prio_emc /dev/%n

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
no_path_retry 60

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
rr_min_io 1000

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* }

Old 12-10-2007, 01:51 PM

Hi Paul.
¬*
¬*¬*¬* It has been fixed upstream and is filtering down
to the distros. What version of distro are you seeing this issue in? We are
currently testing this fix.
¬*
Regards,
Wayne.

(CLARiiON) shows that LUNZ is blacklisted; but any tine that LUN is ‚Äúvisible‚ÄĚ
during a reboot; the host will hang.

¬*

EMC did state this was an issue in
their DM config guide; but I thought black listing would circumvent the
issue.

¬*

Any suggestions?

¬*

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
}

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
device {

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
vendor DGC

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
product *

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
product_blacklist LUNZ

¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*

Old 12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
"Paul Cote"

Title: Message

¬*
Hi
Wayne;
¬*
We're
currently¬*locked in with RHEL 4 / Update 4 (2.6.9-42.ELsmp)¬*with
multipath tools V4.7.
¬*
I'm
trying to make a play for a later release... but certainly would be quite
helpful knowing which one has the fix!
¬*
Much
appreciated.
¬*
Paul
¬*
¬*

Old 12-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Benjamin Marzinski

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 10:47:43AM -0500, Paul Cote wrote:

> Hi Wayne;
>
> We're currently locked in with RHEL 4 / Update 4 (2.6.9-42.ELsmp) with
> multipath tools V4.7.
>
> I'm trying to make a play for a later release... but certainly would be
> quite helpful knowing which one has the fix!
>
> Much appreciated.
>
> Paul

Since backporting the product_blacklist changes to RHEL4 was too
invasive, RHEL4 has it's own method of blacklisting certain products.
It works largely the same as product_blacklist. Here is the
documentation from
/usr/shar/doc/device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5/multipath.conf.annotated

#
# name : bl_product
# scope : multipath & multipathd
# desc : a regular expression used to blacklist devices
# by vendor/product. NOTE For a device to get
# blacklisted, the vendor, product, and bl_product
# strings must all match, not just the vendor and
# bl_product strings as in the upstream version.
# default : (null)

Also, have you tried not including a devices section, and simply using
the compiled in default?

What version of the device-mapper-multipath package are you using?

Thanks.

-Ben