Old 12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Ondrej Palkovsky

Default dm-raid1 - error handling?

I have been browsing through source code of dm-raid1.c (kernel 2.6.23.1)
and this seems to me weird.
Function write_callback in dm-raid1.c - what is it supposed to do?
First, the if (error) block seems
like just one big NOP, second it looks like any error slips undetected.
Am I correct or is there some logic I am not aware of?

Ondrej

{
.. declarations etc...
if (error) {
/*
* only error the io if all mirrors failed.
* FIXME: bogus
*/
uptodate = 0;
for (i = 0; i < ms->nr_mirrors; i++)