Old 06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
"Craig Simpson"

Default Way to get IO stats on multipath alias?

OK so I make my alias in /etc/multipath.conf
multipath {
wwid 1HITACHI_750140820017
alias asm13
}

And as expected all 4 paths are there and happy in Hitachi's
active/passive world

asm13 (1HITACHI_750140820017) dm-44 HITACHI,DF600F
[size=32G][features=0][hwhandler=0]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=2][active]
\_ 1:0:0:17 sdbb 67:80 [active][ready]
\_ 0:0:0:17 sdr 65:16 [active][ready]
\_ round-robin 0 [prio=0][enabled]
\_ 0:0:1:17 sdcq 69:224 [active][ready]
\_ 1:0:1:17 sded 128:80 [active][ready]

Now I can do a iostat -x and get the stats for sdbb, sdr, dscq, and
sded.

But is there a way to collect statistics on asm13?

Really need to know how it is doing on that level. Ya I can get info on
dm-44, but that changes across reboots, and could be different on
different nodes on the cluster....

Help!!!!

Craig