Old 06-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Problems with Gnome appearance.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 06-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Frank McCormick

Old 06-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Frank McCormick

For future reference--- I had a GTK2.0-rc file sitting in my home dir.
Drove Gnome absolutely nuts!!

All's well that ends.

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:46:23 -0400
Frank McCormick <debian@videotron.ca> wrote:

- --
Frank McCormick debian@videotron.ca

Old 06-04-2008, 06:06 AM
freeman

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 01:59:04PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 06/03/08 08:29, Frank McCormick wrote:
> >
> > After months of using IceWm, I installed gnome-core to get some of the
> > functions only available with Gnome. Now eveytime I use the appearance
> > item on the menu, when I am finished, gnome-appearance stays running,
> > consuming 50% of cpu. I have to kill it. Does anyone have solutions ? Is
> > it bug-filing time? It seems to me I had this problem way back when I was
> > running Ubuntu.
>
> What is gnome-appearance? (I've been using GNOME for 3+ years and
> never had that problem.)

Given a cursory look, I found nothing like Gnome-appearances in my Gnome
v2.14, Debian packages directories, or the Gnome site. However, Google
reveals complaints about a Gnome-appearances-properties--in the
Gnome-Control-Center v2.20.3--hanging and eating up CPU. There are also bug
reports.

All or most is Ubuntu Gutsy. I am thinking it is Debian's Gnome-themes by
another name?

--
Freeman

Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Brad Rogers

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:27:59 -0400
Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:

Hello Frank,

> All's well that ends.

Indeed.

Now, where is your PGP public key? It doesn't appear to be on the
regular servers. As such, signing messages is, pretty much, redundant.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Sign away your life
Tin Soldiers - Stiff Little Fingers

Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Jochen Schulz

Brad Rogers:
> Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:
>
>> All's well that ends.
>
> Indeed.
>
> Now, where is your PGP public key? It doesn't appear to be on the
> regular servers. As such, signing messages is, pretty much, redundant.

$ gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 3710949B
gpg: requesting key 3710949B from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
gpg: key 3710949B: "Frank McCormick <debian@videotron.ca>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1

J.
--
I frequently find myself at the top of the stairs with absolutely
nothing happening in my brain.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Brad Rogers

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:41:08 +0200
Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:

Hello Jochen,

> $ gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 3710949B
> gpg: requesting key 3710949B from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
> gpg: key 3710949B: "Frank McCormick <debian@videotron.ca>" not changed
> gpg: Total number processed: 1
> gpg: unchanged: 1

Typical; I'd tried for hours, without success. You get it, and *now*
I've got it.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is