Old 06-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Brad Rogers

Default Left speaker gets no sound but both earphones do

On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:03:22 -0500
"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Jordi,

> This time, though, I looked around in alsamixer, and it doesn't look
> like the left channel is muted. Furthermore, if I plug in the
> headphones, I do get sound in both channels.

I was going to suggest you check the balance, but if the headphones are
okay that seems to preclude a problem on the mobo. If the 'phones plug
into the back of the speakers, then it would appear to be a fault in
the speaker system itself.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Tired of doing day jobs with no thanks for what I do
Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie & The Hotrods

Old 06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Osamu Aoki

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 08:12:00AM +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2008 20:03:22 -0500
> "Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso" <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Jordi,
>
> > This time, though, I looked around in alsamixer, and it doesn't look
> > like the left channel is muted. Furthermore, if I plug in the
> > headphones, I do get sound in both channels.
>
> I was going to suggest you check the balance, but if the headphones are
> okay that seems to preclude a problem on the mobo. If the 'phones plug
> into the back of the speakers, then it would appear to be a fault in
> the speaker system itself.

Check wiring. With shock, it may got loose.