Old 06-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Rogério Brito

Default Please, testers of hfsprogs are needed

Hi there.

I am the maintainer of hfsprogs, which provides both a mkfs and (more
importantly) a fsck for HFS+ filesystems (used by default on Apple's
operating system).

I have uploaded some revisions of the package to the unstable archive,
but I actually believe that everything is alright, even for production
use, but I would like to have more feedback on that.

I fixed, through a less than desirable way, a problem on amd64
(actually, a problem that would affect any 64 bit architectures), but I
have only enabled the build of one 64 bit arch (amd64) right now.

I, therefore, would appreciate if you could send me feedback on hfsprogs
so that I can improve the packaging and include other patches there, if
needed.

The following would be a good first test after installing the package:

dd if=/dev/zero of=disk.img bs=100M count=1
mkfs.hfsplus disk.img
mount -t hfsplus -o loop disk.img /some/mount/point
(perform some tests)
umount /some/mount/point
fsck.hfsplus disk.img

Feedback is appreciated in the form of bugs for it or as Cc'es to this
e-mail, as I am not subscribed currently to -user nor to -amd64 (only to
-powerpc).

Hope you find the package useful, Rogerio Brito.