Old 06-01-2008, 11:15 PM

Default OT: laptop keyboard broken

I was in the vecinity of Saturn when suddenly Celestia crashed (not
that surprising). Some futile attempts of raising elephants didn't
help so I hard rebooted. To my consternation my keyboard wasn't
working anymore. Damn Small Linux showed me that the touchpad was
still alive, but the keyboard...It doesn't even work after the POST,
so I can't enter the BIOS. As for the rest, everything is fine, the
system boots normally and there it waits for me to login.

Is it possible to change a laptop keyboard? A USB one could do the
trick?

Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 PM
steve

Old 06-05-2008, 07:09 PM
"Paul Johnson"

On Sunday 01 June 2008 04:15:22 pm JoseC.Rodriguez wrote:
> Is it possible to change a laptop keyboard? A USB one could do the
> trick?

Depends on the model. HP's are notoriously difficult in general, IBM/Lenovo
Thinkpads are almost desktop-easy to work on, and Dell is somewhere in
between, tending towards hard.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca