Old 06-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Marc Shapiro

Default Uninstall programs installed in wine.

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 05:55:56AM +0530, L.V.Gandhi wrote:

How to uninstall programs installed in wine?

distill it to a port?

Bad Toad! Hit yourself over the head with a fly-swatter.

Besides, port is not distilled. It is fortified (with brandy, I
believe) but is not, itself, distilled.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Nyizsnyik Ferenc

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 05:55:56 +0530
"L.V.Gandhi" <lvgandhi@gmail.com> wrote:

> How to uninstall programs installed in wine?

wine uninstaller

--
Nyizsa.
http://nyizsa.uni.cc

Old 06-02-2008, 05:00 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 12:15:17AM -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> >On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 05:55:56AM +0530, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> >
> >>How to uninstall programs installed in wine?
> >>

> >distill it to a port?
> >
> Bad Toad! Hit yourself over the head with a fly-swatter.
>
> Besides, port is not distilled. It is fortified (with brandy, I
> believe) but is not, itself, distilled.

What can you expect from me. I grew up in the Village of West Toronto
Junction, which until sometime in the 1980's was the last officially,
by-law, dry community in Canada.

There's some drink that is distilled wine, I thought it was Port.
Perhaps is Starboard. Port wine is Red. Red Right Returning.

When you buy port in the store, they put it in a package. Of course,
the store is run by Deb and Ian.

Of course, if you're running Storm Linux, you'll run any Port.

Doug.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Daniel Burrows

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 05:55:56AM +0530, "L.V.Gandhi" <lvgandhi@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> How to uninstall programs installed in wine?

Just a useful tip I've picked up...

If the programs don't need to "see" each other, I suggest using the
WINEPREFIX environment variable.

$ WINEPREFIX=/over/here wineprefixcreate
$ WINEPREFIX=/over/here wine /over/here/run/the/program

Once you have the prefix set up, drop a script to set it up
automatically in ~/bin and you should be good to go. Then when you want
to remove the program later, zap the prefix and all traces of it should
be removed.

Daniel

Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Christopher Judd

On Monday 02 June 2008, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 12:15:17AM -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> What can you expect from me. I grew up in the Village of West
> Toronto Junction, which until sometime in the 1980's was the last
> officially, by-law, dry community in Canada.

I believe that there are still a number of dry communities in Nunavut.
There certainly were when I did some packpacking there in the 1980s
(although it was still part of the Northwest Territories then).

-Chris

| Christopher Judd, Ph. D. judd@wadsworth.org |

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain
confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. It
is intended only for the addressee. If you received this in error or
from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not
distribute, copy or use it or any attachments. Please notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your
system. Thank you for your cooperation.