Old 06-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Jeff Grossman

Default RAID Question

I am running a software RAID on my Debian Lenny system. I have two hard
drives using RAID 1. It is the first Sunday of the month so the RAID
was rebuilt this morning. I noticed this in my log:

Jun 1 02:27:46 apple mdadm: RebuildFinished event detected on md device
/dev/md0, component device mismatches found: 128

It is the first time I have ever seen "mismatches found". Is that bad?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 06-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Rico Secada

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 08:45:05 -0700
Jeff Grossman <jeff@stikman.com> wrote:

I don't know, but maybe you can use this:
http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/doku.php/doc/appunti/linux/sa/raid#checking_health_of_a_raid_volume

Old 12-02-2008, 04:10 AM
ghe

Old 12-02-2008, 04:51 AM
Alex Samad

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:10:27PM -0700, ghe wrote:

Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
-- Indian proverb

Old 12-02-2008, 05:45 AM
martin f krafft

also sprach Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> [2008.12.02.0651 +0100]:
> Did you raid the partitions on the drive, I am guessing partitions, if
> thats the case, partition it up and then raid hot add the partitions

Right. So if sdb was replaced but it's identical to sda:

sfdisk -d /dev/sda | sfdisk /dev/sdb

PS: "raid question" is not really a very useful subject line.

--
.'`. martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> Related projects:
: :' : proud Debian developer http://debiansystem.info

"reife des mannes, das ist es,