Old 05-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Jonas Meurer

Default x-terminal-emulator and delay at workspace change

Hello,

I'm using rxvt-unicode as x-terminal-emulator, and often I do have many
terminals opened at the same time, some of them maximized (like the one
running mutt or irssi).

unfortunately, changing the workspaces in gnome seems to suffer from
these terminals. when changing to a workspace with a maximized terminal,
it takes up to two or three seconds until this terminal appears.
when changing to a workspace with many terminals with default window
size, the same happens.

i don't think that this is related to rxvt-unicode, as rxvt should
already by a light and fast terminal emulation. is this a known issue
and can i do anything about it?

maybe using some terminals with tabs lowers the memory usage? but then
still what can i do about maximized terminals? I really do need them to
see as much console output as possible.

greetings,
jonas