Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Jonas Meurer

Default gksu, gnome-keyring and lifetime of safed passwords

Hello,

I'm using 'gksu -l x-terminal-emulator' for launching a root terminal,
and per default the root password will be saved in the gnome-keyring for
the whole lifetime of my gnome session.
Since I sometimes keep my system running for several days, the lifetime
of a session can be really long. And I don't want the root password to
be stored in the gnome keyring for that long.

So is there any way to limit the lifetime of passwords in the gnome
keyring by time? I could not find anything about that, thus I fear that
this is not supported.

Currently I completely disabled the usage of gnome keyring for gksu, but
typing the root password everytime (especially when you need to run
several apps by gksu in a short time) is not very comfortable.

greetings,
jonas