Old 05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Jeff Grossman

Default Pam_Putenv Message

I noticed in my messages log file this line everytime I log out via ssh.

May 26 20:50:10 apple login[13572]: pam_mail(login:session): pam_putenv: delete non-existent entry; MAIL

This is on an AMD64 machine running Lenny. Is this bad? How do I get rid
of it?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 05-31-2008, 01:58 AM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 06:16:43AM -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> I noticed in my messages log file this line everytime I log out via ssh.
>
> May 26 20:50:10 apple login[13572]: pam_mail(login:session): pam_putenv:
> delete non-existent entry; MAIL
>

> This is on an AMD64 machine running Lenny. Is this bad? How do I get rid
> of it?

When you are logged-in, do you have a MAIL env variable?

What do you have in /etc/pam.d files relating to pam_mail and pam_putenv
modules?

Doug.