Old 05-28-2008, 06:08 AM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default Gnome Screensaver: "Video Mode Not Supported"

I currently have an nVidia Quadro card using the 169.12 drivers
installed via module-assistant, and am running Gnome + Compiz as my
desktop. The problem I'm having is with the Gnome screensaver power
management. The "put display to sleep" open has been selected, but
instead of turning off, the monitor is flashing "video mode not
supported" when the sleep option is triggered.

The monitor sleeps properly with other systems, so I know the monitor
itself supports this functionality. What do I need to do to have monitor
power management working with my card?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"