Old 05-27-2008, 06:47 PM
"Adam Sobotka"

Default linked in

Are you this Adam Sobotka

http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamsobotka ?yes, that's me

but we as a group (the Art

group) are not using it directly (can you elaborate on how it could help

us?)Ok, I know deviantart, that's a cool site I loved in my photo era (btw, your fedora flower photo is really good). I know even mugshot, but purpose of these sites are different.
Most of us are IT profesionals and this site is about connecting sharks in these waters. So..it is good enough to be here and have fedora in tag, just to let others know that we belief in fedora future (this might be touchy subject, I am for example mostly paid by other side).

But there is another option..to create group in there and make even more visibility to our case. This should...or better say I hope this should... drive more people in project. As I said before...I love Art group results, but even very good can be even better.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:43 AM
Nicu Buculei

Adam Sobotka wrote:

Ok, I know deviantart, that's a cool site I loved in my photo era (btw,
your fedora flower photo is really good). I know even mugshot, but
purpose of these sites are different.
Most of us are IT profesionals and this site is about connecting sharks
in these waters. So..it is good enough to be here and have fedora in
tag, just to let others know that we belief in fedora future (this might
be touchy subject, I am for example mostly paid by other side).
But there is another option..to create group in there and make even more
visibility to our case. This should...or better say I hope this
should... drive more people in project. As I said before...I love Art
group results, but even very good can be even better.

There is a general Fedora group there, even if it has only a few members
so far (not sure the link works without login:
http://www.linkedin.com/search?search=&sortCriteria=3&groupFilter=55981),
you could join that group.
A special group for Fedora *Art* would make sense either if the team
grows very large or we can draw additional benefits from having a group.

Also, for more effective LinkedIn usage, you can add for yourself a
position as Fedora contributor (after you feel comfortable calling
yourself "contributor") and then will see the opportunity to connect
with a lot of other Fedora contributors.