Old 11-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

Default printing troubles in sid/gnucash/gnumeric

hey gang,

fully up-to-date sid.

first real problem I've had in forever. Just today when I was printing
some checks from gnucash I got a segfault. Gnucash crashed. After that
it won't print checks anymore. It will print reports fine, but not
checks. I've confirmed with gnucash upstream that report and check
printing are two different things (the dialogs look different).

So the symptoms: reports print just fine, checks print to a blank
page. Even printing to a file and viewing it gets a blank page.

Interestingly, printing in gnumeric also seems broken, but it actually
produces an error in cups "foomatic-rip failed". But it will print to
a file just fine.

Its all very confusing and frustrating.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

thanks

Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 05:55:25PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> hey gang,
>
> fully up-to-date sid.
>
> first real problem I've had in forever. Just today when I was printing
> some checks from gnucash I got a segfault. Gnucash crashed. After that
> it won't print checks anymore. It will print reports fine, but not
> checks. I've confirmed with gnucash upstream that report and check
> printing are two different things (the dialogs look different).
>
> So the symptoms: reports print just fine, checks print to a blank
> page. Even printing to a file and viewing it gets a blank page.
>
> Interestingly, printing in gnumeric also seems broken, but it actually
> produces an error in cups "foomatic-rip failed". But it will print to
> a file just fine.

A little update: I've downgraded from the new all-in-one wonderful
ghostscript to gs-* packages. The symptoms are almost the same except
now gnumeric will print blank pages instead of failing outright.

So I'm at least partway there...