Old 05-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Micha

Default maple constantly crashes

i installed linux with maple (11) on it for a friend on his new dell (vosotro
1400). For some reason maple constantly crashes for him (every about 5 minutes)
and leaves behind mangled files. On my machine it seems to run fine, although I
haven't stress tested it. When it crashes the files that were open just seem to
be half written to.

Tried reinstalling with the default java implementation and also linking to the
sun java installation but to no avail

could it be that it is not compatible with 64 bit linux, compositing or
something with debian unstable that doesn't match?

thanks

Old 05-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Jerome BENOIT

Hello,

Maple 11 is fine on my 64 bit Etch box:
have you tried Maple 12 ?
what do you mean by `compositing' ?
are you using Compiz stuff ?

Jerome

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net

Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Micha

On Wed, 28 May 2008 01:18:30 +0800
Jerome BENOIT <jgmbenoit@mailsnare.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maple 11 is fine on my 64 bit Etch box:
> have you tried Maple 12 ?
> what do you mean by `compositing' ?
> are you using Compiz stuff ?

It's related to what compiz does, but xfce knows how to use some of it also
(transparency and shadows under windows depend on it). Probably others as well.

did you have an issue with the installation BTW that the links to the java
virtual machine were wrong and had to be fixed by hand?

Could be that my copy of maple is bad, will try to get a different
copy. unfortunately I don't have access to maple 12 at the moment to try out.

Maybe I'll try to downgrade the guy to 32 bit, I know that java has some issues
with 64.

Thanks though

Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Jerome BENOIT

Hello Micha,

I had trouble with Compiz a long time ago (see archive):
adding in the maple script

export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit

resolved my issue.

hth,