Old 05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
"Samuel Ribas"

Default Debian on Lenovo Thinkcentre 6078

Hi all,

Installing Debian on Lenovo Thinkcentre 6078, the installer canīt find network card modules. The network card its an Intell 82566DM-2 Gigabit network Conection. Somebody have some issue about this?

Thanks!
Samuel Ribas
sribas@gmail.com

Old 05-27-2008, 08:38 PM
cody chamberlain

Samuel Ribas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Installing Debian on Lenovo Thinkcentre 6078, the installer canīt find
> network card modules. The network card its an Intell 82566DM-2 Gigabit
> network Conection. Somebody have some issue about this?
>
> Thanks!
> Samuel Ribas
> sribas@gmail.com <mailto:sribas@gmail.com>
according to
(http://www.nabble.com/Bug-469143:-Daily-builds-lack-e1000e-nic-driver-td15802877.html)
this driver isn't inlcuded in the netinst, yet. check the page out for
more info.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Johann Spies

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:20:21PM -0300, Samuel Ribas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Installing Debian on Lenovo Thinkcentre 6078, the installer canÂīt find network
> card modules. The network card its an Intell 82566DM-2 Gigabit network
> Conection. Somebody have some issue about this?

On the 2.6.24 kernel the e1000 module should work. Try 'modprobe
e1000'.

I had serious issues with Debian Lenny and my network on a R61 and in
the end I did two things: reset the bios to factory default and
install Ubuntu Hardy - and everything just worked.

The problem I had (and I have tried about 4 or 5 different kernels) on
Debian was that I had intermittent network. It sometimes just died
and then I had to restart network-manager again.

I will probably again try Debian on the R61 just to make sure that I
did not suspect Debian falsely

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall
strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."
Psalms 27:14

Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 AM
"Samuel Ribas"

Ok,

I made an alternative solution, building another install image from bussinesscard.iso, avaliable as busscard-intell82566DM2.iso at http://www.transbrasilvirtual.org/debian/busscard-intell82566DM2.iso, today at 23:55 (-3).

Thanks all!
Samuel.