Old 05-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Eriberto

Default Time doesn't adjust

Hi!

I have a machine with Etch. The time zone is correct but the clock shows
the time with 1 hour and 15 minutes more than necessary. I can't adjust
the time by line command. See:

leblon1:~# date -s 0900
Tue May 27 09:00:00 BRT 2008
leblon1:~# date
Tue May 27 11:55:12 BRT 2008

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Eriberto - Brazil

Old 05-27-2008, 02:34 PM
"Javier Barroso"

Hi,
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Eriberto <eriberto@eriberto.pro.br> wrote:

leblon1:~# date -s 0900

Tue May 27 09:00:00 BRT 2008

leblon1:~# date

Tue May 27 11:55:12 BRT 2008
Is it a virtual machine ?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Eriberto

Yes! It is a Xen machine. But I have 8 others VM in the same real
machine. The real machine and the others VMs are working fine.

Thanks!

Eriberto - Brazil

Old 05-27-2008, 02:49 PM
"Javier Barroso"

Then you should run

tzconfig and chose (even if it is selected ) your zone time

Old 05-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Eriberto

Thanks, but my timezone is configured. I don't have one hour of
difference. I have 1 hour + 15 minutes of error. I don't succeeded to
change the time by command line. It is a system problem and not a miss
in timezone.

Thanks!

Eriberto - Brazil

Old 05-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Steve Kemp

On Tue May 27, 2008 at 12:19:54 -0300, Eriberto wrote:

> Thanks, but my timezone is configured. I don't have one hour of
> difference. I have 1 hour + 15 minutes of error. I don't succeeded to
> change the time by command line. It is a system problem and not a miss
> in timezone.

Have you checked that the time is correct on any other xen guests?

Also double-check the contents of:

/proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock

Steve
--