Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 AM
yinglcs

Default dpkg error: unable to make backup link of '...'

Hi,

I have been getting this dpkg error: unable to make backup link of '...'.
I have been posting my question on various forum and I still cant' resolve it.

dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/xfonts-encodings_1%3a1.0.2-3_all.deb
(--unpack):
unable to make backup link of
`./usr/share/fonts/X11/encodings/large/big5hkscs-0.enc.gz' before
installing new version: Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
/var/cache/apt/archives/python-gnome2-extras_2.19.1-0ubuntu7_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/xfonts-encodings_1%3a1.0.2-3_all.deb

The closest thing I can find in google is this bug report.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dpkg/+bug/93320

But i don't know how to solve my problem.

I appreciate if anyone can help.

Sent from the Debian User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.