Old 05-26-2008, 08:10 PM
joel boujassy

Default Asus A6000 VM laptop - bad hardware support under Linux-

Hi
there* !

As a new Linux user I must report you the big problems I had when I got
rid of Windows and turn myself to Linux ...

The only trouble with Linux is a bad or erratic hardware support ; in
particular with laptops ... Like mine !

I have a Asus A6000 VM and I get no sound with my minijack audio output
(I've tryed everything possible !) .

The problem remains the same no mather the sound manager ALSA or OSS
!** The problem remains the same no mather the* Linux distribution I
tryed , here is the list :

Debian - Ubuntu - Suse - Sabayon - Mandriva - Slakeware - Fedora ...

Yeah ! I've tryed them all !!!

If I want sound I just have to satisfy the crappy built-in* speaker ...
Shamefull* !

I think the problem is in the ALSA 's (and OSS) drivers because I have
the same problems with all the distribution I tryed .

Another problem is the built-in webcam doesn't work because the drivers
just don't exist !!!

Now what do I have to do ?* I feel mad after all the time I've been
loosing !!!

What can I do with an operating system that cannot allow me to use 100
% of my machine ?!

Don't you think it's bad engeneering to provide an operating system
without a good driver support ?

Linux will never be a reliable alternative to this Windows crap if the
hardware isn't fully supported .

The Asus A6 laptop serie is a very very* common material* , nothing
exotic , just one of the most sold serie of* laptops !

So what's going on with ALSA project and other Linux team of developers
?!

I'm just a Linux noob OK but* I can't make myself up something that
doesn't exist : Drivers and EFFICIENT HARDWARE SUPPORT* INCLUDED IN THE
OS !

I'm trying desperatly to find sombody in the Linux world

Thanks for reading ;

Thanks for helping .

JoŽl

j.boujassy@free.fr