Old 05-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

Default obscenely OT apt-get joke

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 03:57:41PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/25/08 15:49, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > apt-get -b source wife
> >
> > is nice because you're not getting the binary... whatever that means,
> > but instead the source code required which can be easily
> > modified. THen you can build, test, modify to your heart's
> > desire. Though what you do with the builds that you don't want is a
> > problem. I'm sure glad my mk1mod0 wife doesn't read this
> > list... Though I'd not trade her for any flashy features that may come
> > in newer versions...
>
> You say that now. But then comes the urge for the sports car, the
> surreptitious visits to Hair Club For Men, and next thing you know,
> it's Mk22mod36DD...

heh... well Mk1 let me get another motorcycle and lets me do a number
of other things that keep me happy. As for the mod36DD, well... If
that's the specs for the first mod then why upgrade? ;-P

sheesh, way too much information...

Old 05-27-2008, 12:55 AM
"Sudev Barar"

2008/5/27 Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
> heh... well Mk1 let me get another motorcycle and lets me do a number
> of other things that keep me happy. As for the mod36DD, well... If
> that's the specs for the first mod then why upgrade? ;-P

Ummmm long term effects of gravity perhaps??? ;-)

Sudev Barar

Old 05-27-2008, 03:33 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:33:26PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/26/08 19:55, Sudev Barar wrote:
> > 2008/5/27 Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>:
> >> heh... well Mk1 let me get another motorcycle and lets me do a number
> >> of other things that keep me happy. As for the mod36DD, well... If
> >> that's the specs for the first mod then why upgrade? ;-P
> >
> > Ummmm long term effects of gravity perhaps??? ;-)
>
> Cantilevered elastics work wonders.

As does a firm dis-belief in gravity.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Steve Kemp

If you want off-topic mail there are better places than
debian-user to pollute.

Just remember how many people receive these mails..

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/

Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:16:55AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/27/08 10:00, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >>
> >> Cantilevered elastics work wonders.
> >
> > As does a firm dis-belief in gravity.
>

> One view of National Geographic will disabuse you of that notion...

that's the whole point of firm dis-belief! National Geographic is just
clearly mistaken. Plus few of those were likely to be of the
proportions under discussion here.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:23 PM
"David A. Parker"

Cantilevered elastics work wonders.
As does a firm dis-belief in gravity.

One view of National Geographic will disabuse you of that notion...

that's the whole point of firm dis-belief! National Geographic is just
clearly mistaken. Plus few of those were likely to be of the
proportions under discussion here.

Andrew, I just have to ask... are you using the word "firm" on purpose,
or was that little pun not intentional?

:-)

- Dave

--

Dave Parker
Utica College Department of

Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 01:23:27PM -0400, David A. Parker wrote:

>>> One view of National Geographic will disabuse you of that notion...
>>
>> that's the whole point of firm dis-belief! National Geographic is just
>> clearly mistaken. Plus few of those were likely to be of the
>> proportions under discussion here.

> Andrew, I just have to ask... are you using the word "firm" on purpose,
> or was that little pun not intentional?
>
> :-)

interestingly, when I first typed it, it was unintentional, but by the
time I was hacking my way through dis-belief (which is amazingly hard
to type... i before e...) I was laughing. So the fact that it
remained, and was repeated was entirely intentional.