-   -   Wildly OT: apt-get joke (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/95758-wildly-ot-apt-get-joke.html)

Andrew Sackville-West 05-26-2008 06:29 PM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 05:41:56AM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> ASW> apt-get -b source wife
> ASW> problem. I'm sure glad my mk1mod0 wife doesn't read this
> ASW> list... Though I'd not trade her for any flashy features that may come
> ASW> in newer versions...
>
> well, the newer versions may be flasher, but they're definitely
> less stable. at the end of the day, i'd rather have a lover who's been
> tested by the masses (& came out bug-free!) - & then installed on my
> machine alone - than the newest version which may segfault on me at any
> time...

hmmm... not sure about the "tested by the masses" part, though ending
up bug-free is definitely good. Maybe adequately tested is better?

05-26-2008 10:30 PM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
ASW> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: us-ascii, 21 lines --]
>> well, the newer versions may be flasher, but they're definitely
>> less stable. at the end of the day, i'd rather have a lover who's been
>> tested by the masses (& came out bug-free!) - & then installed on my
>> machine alone - than the newest version which may segfault on me at any
>> time...
ASW> hmmm... not sure about the "tested by the masses" part, though ending
ASW> up bug-free is definitely good. Maybe adequately tested is better?

granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this & feel bad
for being a giant slut before we got together. :D

lish "everybody has a question
crank@got.net if not an adoring letter." -jc

Ron Johnson 05-26-2008 11:03 PM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

"s. keeling" 05-27-2008 04:36 AM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

i'll teach you to turn away. <crank@got.net>:
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> ASW> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: us-ascii, 21 lines --]
> >> well, the newer versions may be flasher, but they're definitely
> >> less stable. at the end of the day, i'd rather have a lover who's been
> >> tested by the masses (& came out bug-free!) - & then installed on my
> >> machine alone - than the newest version which may segfault on me at any
> >> time...
> ASW> hmmm... not sure about the "tested by the masses" part, though ending
> ASW> up bug-free is definitely good. Maybe adequately tested is better?
>
> granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this & feel bad
> for being a giant slut before we got together. :D

High praise. This is the funniest post/thread I've read on this list,
ever.

[Ron, what happens if crank is female?]

05-27-2008 05:11 AM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

>> granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this & feel bad
>> for being a giant slut before we got together. :D
RJ> This is not the Dr. Phil Show: there are some things that *we* just
RJ> do *not* need to know.

hey, i figure - we're already WILDLY off-topic, right? how much
worse can it get? :D

lish "you were nothing
crank@got.net but a brief distraction." -ftf

05-27-2008 05:13 AM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
sk> i'll teach you to turn away. <crank@got.net>:
>> granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this & feel bad
>> for being a giant slut before we got together. :D
sk> High praise. This is the funniest post/thread I've read on this list,
sk> ever.
sk> [Ron, what happens if crank is female?]

well, turns out i am female, but it'd leave a bad taste to this
thread if we've uncovered anyone's homophobia. i mean, way more of a bad
taste than my previously-slutty boyfriend could've had he not come to me
bug-free. ;D

lish "what part of 'shithead'
crank@got.net makes you raise your hand?" -rgp

Ron Johnson 05-27-2008 05:34 AM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

Ron Johnson 05-27-2008 05:56 AM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

"Raymond A. Meijer" 05-27-2008 02:07 PM

Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Tue 27 May 2008 8:56, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > hey, i figure - we're already WILDLY off-topic, right? how much
> > worse can it get? :D

> A lot worse.

/me grabs pop corn and Coca Cola... :-P

Ray