FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 13:54:35 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:00:52PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 01:25:22PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >
> > > Though we're treading damn close right now. Homophobia is sometimes the
> > > result of religous doctrine.
> >
> > How could religious doctrine result in a fear that everything will be
> > like everything else? Entropy is the end-point of the universe.
>
> Rule #1 No pooftahs!
> Rule #2 No pooftahs!
> Rule #3 There is *no* rule 3
> Rule #4 No pooftahs!

Thanks a lot, Bruce, now I will have the drunk philosophers song stuck
in my head for the rest of the day...

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Sjoerd Hardeman
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

Hal Vaughan wrote:

On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 05:13:47AM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away.

wrote:

s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:

sk> i'll teach you to turn away. <crank@got.net>:

granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this &
feel bad for being a giant slut before we got together.

sk> High praise. This is the funniest post/thread I've read on
this list, sk> ever.
sk> [Ron, what happens if crank is female?]

well, turns out i am female, but it'd leave a bad taste to this
thread if we've uncovered anyone's homophobia.

oh don't worry. We'll uncover someone's homophobia quite nicely. So
long as the topic doesn't drift to religion, we'll be okay.


i mean, way more of a bad
taste than my previously-slutty boyfriend could've had he not come
to me bug-free. ;D
Come on, all geeks know nothing is bug free.


I wrote a C++ program that was bug free once. Worked perfectly every
time. Here's the source:


#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main(const int argc, char* argv[]) {
cout << "Hello World
";
}


I've got a similar one I wrote in Perl that's bug free and one in Java
and one in TCL and I've even ported it to a few other languages.



Hal


I'd consider a girlfriend that can only say "Hello World
" to be
definitely not bug free. But then, maybe I'm asking for too much?


Sjoerd
 
Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Henry Luciano
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

Florian Kulzer wrote:

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 13:54:35 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:00:52PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
Rule #1 No pooftahs!
Rule #2 No pooftahs!
Rule #3 There is *no* rule 3
Rule #4 No pooftahs!


Thanks a lot, Bruce, now I will have the drunk philosophers song stuck
in my head for the rest of the day...

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


Florian? Is your name not Bruce? That's going to cause a little confusion.
Mind if we call you Bruce to keep it clear?


--
Henry Luciano Mote Marine Laboratory
IS Director 941-388-4441 x409

"The computer ... is an Old Testament God -
lots of rules and no mercy." ~ Joseph Campbell


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Hal Vaughan
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Wednesday 28 May 2008, Sjoerd Hardeman wrote:
> Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > On Tuesday 27 May 2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> >> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 05:13:47AM +0000, i'll teach you to turn
> >> away.
> >
> > wrote:
> >>> s. keeling <keeling@nucleus.com> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> sk> i'll teach you to turn away. <crank@got.net>:
> >>>>> granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this &
> >>>>> feel bad for being a giant slut before we got together.
> >>>
> >>> sk> High praise. This is the funniest post/thread I've read on
> >>> this list, sk> ever.
> >>> sk> [Ron, what happens if crank is female?]
> >>>
> >>> well, turns out i am female, but it'd leave a bad taste to this
> >>> thread if we've uncovered anyone's homophobia.
> >>
> >> oh don't worry. We'll uncover someone's homophobia quite nicely.
> >> So long as the topic doesn't drift to religion, we'll be okay.
> >>
> >>> i mean, way more of a bad
> >>> taste than my previously-slutty boyfriend could've had he not
> >>> come to me bug-free. ;D
> >>
> >> Come on, all geeks know nothing is bug free.
> >
> > I wrote a C++ program that was bug free once. Worked perfectly
> > every time. Here's the source:
> >
> > #include <iostream>
> >
> > using namespace std;
> >
> > int main(const int argc, char* argv[]) {
> > cout << "Hello World
";
> > }
> >
> >
> > I've got a similar one I wrote in Perl that's bug free and one in
> > Java and one in TCL and I've even ported it to a few other
> > languages.
> >
> >
> > Hal
>
> I'd consider a girlfriend that can only say "Hello World
" to be
> definitely not bug free. But then, maybe I'm asking for too much?

If your girlfriend is coded in C++, then this is the least of your
worries.


Hal


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Chris Bannister
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 09:05:53AM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 13:54:35 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:00:52PM -0400, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > > On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 01:25:22PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > > Though we're treading damn close right now. Homophobia is sometimes the
> > > > result of religous doctrine.
> > >
> > > How could religious doctrine result in a fear that everything will be
> > > like everything else? Entropy is the end-point of the universe.
> >
> > Rule #1 No pooftahs!
> > Rule #2 No pooftahs!
> > Rule #3 There is *no* rule 3
> > Rule #4 No pooftahs!
>
> Thanks a lot, Bruce, now I will have the drunk philosophers song stuck
> in my head for the rest of the day...

1 2 3 ... half a pint of whisk-ey ev-er-y--day Aristotle Aristotle
was a bugger for the bottle tra la la la la lahhhh... I drink there-fore I
am!

--
Chris.
======
"One, with God, is always a majority, but many a martyr has been burned
at the stake while the votes were being counted." -- Thomas B. Reed


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Andrew Sackville-West
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 08:14:17PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:07:45 -0700
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
>
> ...
>
> > Come on, all geeks know nothing is bug free. The bugs just haven't
>
> And you call yourself a Mutt user! From the manpage:
>
> <Quote>
>
> BUGS
> None. Mutts have fleas, not bugs.
>
> ...
>
> For a more up-to-date list of bugs, errm, fleas, please visit the mutt project’s bug tracking system
> under http://bugs.mutt.org/.
>
> </Quote>

pah. who reads manpages?

;-0

A
 
Old 05-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Hal Vaughan
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Wednesday 28 May 2008, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 08:14:17PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:07:45 -0700
> > Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> >
> > ...
> >
> > > Come on, all geeks know nothing is bug free. The bugs just
> > > haven't
> >
> > And you call yourself a Mutt user! From the manpage:
> >
> > <Quote>
> >
> > BUGS
> > None. Mutts have fleas, not bugs.
> >
> > ...
> >
> > For a more up-to-date list of bugs, errm, fleas, please visit the
> > mutt project’s bug tracking system under http://bugs.mutt.org/.
> >
> > </Quote>
>
> pah. who reads manpages?

Is that what they're there for?

Who knew?


Hal


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 05-28-2008, 05:09 PM
 
Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

Gabriel Parrondo <g.parrondo@gmail.com> wrote:
GP> El mar, 27-05-2008 a las 15:22 +0000, i'll teach you to turn away.
>> http://tinyurl.com/ail9
>> http://compunction.org/art.html
>> allow me to draw further attention to myself.
GP> Aren't you the girl from the sexchart?

haha, i'm the one who administrates the sexchart, but i'd never
say i'm "from" it.

lish "do you think you can forget anything?
crank@got.net i am the saint of indecency." -jc


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org