Old 05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

Default Wildly OT: apt-get joke

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:19:14AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/27/08 10:04, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> >> High praise. This is the funniest post/thread I've read on this list,
> >> ever.
> >>
> >> [Ron, what happens if crank is female?]
> >
> > Ooh! I know the answer to this one! We all crowd around her, sort of
> > giggling. A variety of questions get asked ultimately focusing on how
> > it must be weird to be the only woman around here. How it must have
> > helped her to be female in the <insert tech oriented degree>
> > department. Then when she's had enough scrutiny, she wanders away and
> > we're all left wondering what happened. lather rinse repeat. ;-P
>
> Actually, there are 2, maybe three other semi-active women on the
> list. The reason is obvious: math is hard, computers are icky.

yeah I know. But IMO it's that boys like computers and boys are
icky. Therefore computers are icky.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 03:23:22PM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> ASW> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:30:05PM +0000, i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
> >> granted, but i didn't want my boyfriend to read this & feel bad
> >> for being a giant slut before we got together.
> ASW> He shouldn't feel bad for being who he is! <rimshot!>
>
> oh, he doesn't. seriously, do you want the pics?

nah. I'll let this die as wildly OT has been my only contribution to
the list in a few weeks...

Old 05-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Raquel

On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:25:31 -0700
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:19:14AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > Ooh! I know the answer to this one! We all crowd around her,
> > > sort of giggling. A variety of questions get asked ultimately
> > > focusing on how it must be weird to be the only woman around
> > > here. How it must have helped her to be female in the <insert
> > > tech oriented degree> department. Then when she's had enough
> > > scrutiny, she wanders away and we're all left wondering what
> > > happened. lather rinse repeat. ;-P
> >
> > Actually, there are 2, maybe three other semi-active women on the
> > list. The reason is obvious: math is hard, computers are icky.
>
> yeah I know. But IMO it's that boys like computers and boys are
> icky. Therefore computers are icky.

Give that boy a gold star!!

--
Raquel
Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty

--Louis Dembitz Brandeis (-), Justice US Supreme Court

Tue May 27 20:30:01 2008