Old 05-26-2008, 07:06 AM
David William Thornton

Default off-list?

hi,

oh wow.

thank-you, gnu so very much.

david thornton
melbourne, australia

explanatory note: its running just fine. my home 64-bit 4-way 4-Gb 500 x 2
RAID0 LUKS Crypt LVM XEN GNU/Linux, 4 x Virtual GNU/Linux base (a few
extra "crash and burn" HVMs and soon I will try a GNU/Hurd HVM) with another
(yeah, but no excuse) M$ Vista 64 Extravaganza HVM for whatever. desktops my
computer? how many? who knows? who cares! certainly not old windows most all
of time. hooray! (i "always" sneak in an afterstep somewhere). all in an old
server box with a "penguin" on it!

I should and will mention "my old mate" Debian, that I figure makes it
possible for us mere mortals. Now that I have conquered XMDCP my machine(s)
is/are a beautiful thing(s), and love it/them to bits.

cost (apart from some cheap hardware and by my own choice M$) ... zip.
madness? sort of. i think your better than/include that.

your "list" is the closest address i could find on a lazy day off, sipping
some home made ginger beer (not bad ;o), to put to pen, something that would
express, my over a significant time, increasing respect for (and the people
involved) the biggest thing since the IBM 360 and OS/VS, IMS and CICS (old
people will know what i mean).

touche! touche! touche! i stand by my initial comment.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 AM
"s. keeling"

David William Thornton <dwt@froggy.com.au>:

> I should and will mention "my old mate" Debian, that I figure makes
> it possible for us mere mortals. Now that I have conquered XMDCP my
> machine(s) is/are a beautiful thing(s), and love it/them to bits.

You've gotta get out more, but have fun.