Old 05-26-2008, 05:09 AM
"Debian Linux"

Default GRUB error 29

Hi,

I installed the Debian 4.0r2 onto my laptop where Win XP has already been there. After the installation, I'm able to boot Debian from GRUB menu but not for Win XP and GRUB error 29 is appearing on the screen, saying

error 29: Disk write error
press any key to continue

When I follow the above instruction, it brings me back to the GRUB boot menu and I lost from there

Could anyone please diagnose what's wrong with the GRUB installation? Thanks

Old 05-26-2008, 05:24 AM
"Debian Linux"

Hi,

I installed the Debian 4.0r2 onto my laptop where Win XP has already been there. After the installation, I'm able to boot Debian from GRUB menu but not for Win XP and GRUB error 29 is appearing on the screen, saying

error 29: Disk write error
press any key to continue

When I follow the above instruction, it brings me back to the GRUB boot menu and I lost from there

Could anyone please diagnose what's wrong with the GRUB installation?

*
BTW, is there any debian error database around the internet for me to find the solution, like Microsoft error db?
*
*
Thanks