Old 05-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Timo Vii

Default GRUB loader hangs in to message "savedefault" in Debian etch and load error in Ubuntu.

Hi,

Im very new with this linux systems and have a first problem already... but I fix it just now with good luck

I struggle with this problem couple a days and installing many times operating system and try and try....

Problem was solved when I change in BIOS settings -> IDE DMA TRANSFER ACCESS - "ENABLED"

if that setting is in "DISABLED" position, I get allways "savedefault" message and debian etch (Ubuntu)* never load and work at all..

Motherboard is Commell LV-672 and with Celeron D*processor.

Regards,
Timo Viitanen
Espoo,
Finland