Old 05-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Carl Fink

Default Fetchmail

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 12:17:07AM +0300, Tero M?ntyvaara wrote:

> How do I set fetchmail to automatically fetch mails of all user? Every
> user have to give command fetchmail -a at the moment to get their mails.

Fetchmail was designed for single-user use.
--
Carl Fink nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:05 PM
John Hasler

Tero M?ntyvaara wrote:
> How do I set fetchmail to automatically fetch mails of all user?

I created a user named "mailagent". A cron job runs fetchmail as that user
every five minutes. The mailagent user's .forward file runs the mailagent
program which forwards each user's mail. You could use procmail rather
than mailagent, of course.

Carl Fink writes:
> Fetchmail was designed for single-user use.

Read the section in the manual about multidrop.
--
John Hasler