Old 05-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Chris Bannister

Default apt-get joke

Hi,

http://www.lessaid.net/fun/apt-get-wife.png

--
Chris.
======
at the stake while the votes were being counted." -- Thomas B. Reed

Old 05-24-2008, 05:11 PM
"Owen Townend"

On 24/05/2008, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://www.lessaid.net/fun/apt-get-wife.png
>
> --
> Chris.
> ======
> "One, with God, is always a majority, but many a martyr has been burned
> at the stake while the votes were being counted." -- Thomas B. Reed

heh, I still like `apt-get moo`

cheers,
Owen.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Sjoerd Hiemstra

On Sun, 25 May 2008 03:11:05 +1000 Owen Townen wrote:
> On 24/05/2008, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:
> > http://www.lessaid.net/fun/apt-get-wife.png
>
> heh, I still like `apt-get moo`

The inventor of 'aptitude moo' has sense of humour as well

Old 05-25-2008, 04:18 AM
"Owen Townend"

On 25/05/2008, Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 May 2008 03:11:05 +1000 Owen Townen wrote:
> > On 24/05/2008, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > > http://www.lessaid.net/fun/apt-get-wife.png
> >

> > heh, I still like `apt-get moo`
>

> The inventor of 'aptitude moo' has sense of humour as well

Yeah, he/they even went that extra step of `aptitude --help|grep Cow`
to match apt-get. Tru dedication to the humour.

cheers,
Owen.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Rich Healey

Old 05-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Chris Bannister

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 04:57:39PM +1000, Rich Healey wrote:
> I still believe that you need to find a Woman that matches you, so
> apt-get -b source wife seems more likely, and besides, the apt-get
> build-dep wife should prepare you for marraige
>
> Ok, I've thought this through waaay too far.

You mean like a VCS[1] If the right patches are installed, who needs to
be prepared?

[1] virgin control system

--
Chris.
======

Old 05-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 04:57:39PM +1000, Rich Healey wrote:

> Owen Townend wrote:

> >> The inventor of 'aptitude moo' has sense of humour as well
> >>

> > Yeah, he/they even went that extra step of `aptitude --help|grep Cow`
> > to match apt-get. Tru dedication to the humour.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Owen.
> >

> I still believe that you need to find a Woman that matches you, so
> apt-get -b source wife seems more likely, and besides, the apt-get
> build-dep wife should prepare you for marraige

apt-get -b source wife

is nice because you're not getting the binary... whatever that means,
but instead the source code required which can be easily
modified. THen you can build, test, modify to your heart's
desire. Though what you do with the builds that you don't want is a
problem. I'm sure glad my mk1mod0 wife doesn't read this
list... Though I'd not trade her for any flashy features that may come
in newer versions...

Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 01:49:18PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 04:57:39PM +1000, Rich Healey wrote:
> > Owen Townend wrote:

> apt-get -b source wife
>
> is nice because you're not getting the binary... whatever that means,
> but instead the source code required which can be easily
> modified. THen you can build, test, modify to your heart's
> desire. Though what you do with the builds that you don't want is a
> problem. I'm sure glad my mk1mod0 wife doesn't read this
> list... Though I'd not trade her for any flashy features that may come
> in newer versions...

Actually, since apparently one in five human genes is patented in the
US, you may be breaking copyright if you use apt-get to get the source.
To get around the patents, you'd have to go back in time and get two
people to make your (to them, future) wife the old-fashioned pre-patent
way. Of course, they'd have to brain-wash her so that by the time the
present comes along, she will forgo all others and wait for (anticipate)
and settle for you.

Some of us believe that this happens already on our behalf and we get a
better half upon which we can't apt-get update or upgrade.

LOVE
YOU
WIFE

(remember that from The Abyss?)

Doug.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:18 AM
"Nelson Castillo"

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Owen Townend <owen.townend@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/05/2008, Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems146@kpnplanet.nl> wrote:

>> > heh, I still like `apt-get moo`
>>

>> The inventor of 'aptitude moo' has sense of humour as well

I guess most of you know this, but you can get something
fun from aptitude as well (besides all the software you can install).

$ aptitude moo
There are no Easter Eggs in this program.
$ aptitude -v moo
There really are no Easter Eggs in this program.

Keep trying: -vvv, -vvvv ...

N.-

--
http://arhuaco.org