Old 05-24-2008, 11:54 AM
ispmarin

Default NIS from a OpenSuse in Debian

Hello Everybody,

I have a user and server file running OpenSuse 10.3 (and there is
nothing that I can do about that... ;-)), and a Debian box. I'm trying
to use NIS from the OpenSuse box, and the Debian box connects fine
with the NIS server, but I cannot authenticate any user. The UIDs are
above 1000. I think that the problem is with the passwords: maybe the
salt, or the number of times that the password is encrypted... I can
log normally with the users on the OpenSuse box.

Any ideas?

Thank you.