Old 05-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Alejandro Salas

Default Debian Testing and Qosmio G45-AV680. Problems.

Hi everyone,
I installed Testing a couple of weeks ago. Everything went smoothly, except for a couple of things.
My function keys to adjust the screen's brightness worked great, but when I installed the nvidia drivers they went dead. What's worse, if I start X, I cannot shut it down or go to a tty, because my screen turns off :-S.

Another thing, my SD reader doesn't work, lspci shows it. I tried a couple of things I found on the web (loading modules, using setpci, etc), but nothing worked. When I insert a SD card dmesg or /var/log/messages don't report a thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated it
Thanx for everything

Old 05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
"Wm. Josiah Erikson"

Is your SD reader built-in or a USB device? Did it used to work? What's
the output of "lspci" that pertains to it? Usually these things are SCSI
emulated. Which modules did you try to insert to make it work?

-Josiah

--
Wm. Josiah Erikson
Computing Support

Old 05-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Alejandro Salas

> Is your SD reader built-in or a USB device? Did it used to work? What's
> the output of "lspci" that pertains to it? Usually these things are SCSI
> emulated. Which modules did you try to insert to make it work?
>* * -Josiah

It's a built-it. No, it hasn't worked at all.
From lspci:
08:0b.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)
08:0b.3 SD Host controller: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

I've have read a couple of solutions on the web, they include using things like: setpci -s 08:0b.2 4c.b=02,and loading a couple of modules (sg, sd_mod, mmc_core, mmc_block sdhci). None of this seems to work. From
/var/log/messages I see a couple of lines that might help:

sdhci: SDHCI controller found at 0000:08:0b.3 [104c:803c] (rev 0)
mmc0: SDHCI at 0x8800a800 irq 22 DMA
PCI: Enabling device 0000:08:0b.2 (0000 -> 0002)
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:08:0b.2[D] -> GSI 23 (level, low) -> IRQ 21

Thanx again