Old 05-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Kum Gabor

Default after hibernation loose sound

Hello All!

On Etch, after suspending to RAM (s2ram) on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro v3405
sometimes not works sound. Where should I search? How to start? Which logs?
It happens 1/10 times.

Kum Gabor
www.kumgabor.hu

Old 05-23-2008, 10:14 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 04:19:35PM +0200, Kum Gabor wrote:

> On Etch, after suspending to RAM (s2ram) on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro
> v3405 sometimes not works sound. Where should I search? How to start?
> Which logs? It happens 1/10 times.

You might need to load/unload your sound drivers at hibernation. Of
course, many applications will still be connected to an old sound sink
after reboot, so you'll need to kill and restart those, too.

I don't think much progress has been made in this regard, but at least
PulseAdio lets you move sound sinks. That might turn out to be helpful
for you.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

Old 05-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi

Kum Gabor wrote:

> Hello All!
>
> On Etch, after suspending to RAM (s2ram) on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro
> v3405 sometimes not works sound. Where should I search? How to start?
> Which logs? It happens 1/10 times.

FWIW, I also have the same problem on Dell Inspiron E1505.

Sometimes, if I start kmix and move the sound bar up and down it works!
Sometime that also does not work.

If fiddling with the kmix button does not work, then I reconfigure the sound
using 'sudo alsaconf'. But this is a painful approach as it kills programs
which use the sound device (Ex:- firefox etc.,).

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi