-   -   Looking for Audio/Video Tools (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/93975-looking-audio-video-tools.html)

Gerfried Fuchs 05-23-2008 01:07 PM

Looking for Audio/Video Tools

Hi!

I'd like to produce a short movie and am looking at suggestions for
some tools for doing so. The kind of workflow I thought about:

-) Record audio tracks via some microphone and combining multiple tracks.
-) Do some slide show with various photos.
-) Combine them both through screen recording.

What I could think of what could work is arranging the slide show in
some presentation tool, staring the audio track in background, and
recording it all with istanbul.

That approach might look naive and unprofessional, but it's the thing
that I could have come up with the tools that I know so far. I am thus
open for suggestions to improve the workflow, try a different approach
or even different workflow. Suggestions for the audio recording/track
combining are also welcomed.

Thanks in advance for anything, preferred of course things that we have
in the (main) pool already.

So long,
Rhonda

Bob McGowan 05-28-2008 04:12 PM

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

[...]

I use dvd-slideshow, see:

http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page

There are both RPM and .deb packages.

This is a command line tool, which (for me, I do CLI a lot), is great.
Creating a list of images, with effects, can be done quickly, with
simple edits using tools like awk, sed or perl.

For GUI folks, there is a tool called slcreator, a front end to
dvd-slideshow, also available on sourceforge. See:

http://slcreator.sourceforge.net/

I've used the CLI tools to make several slideshow movies, it works quite
nicely.

--
Bob McGowan