Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
Volkan YAZICI

Default IBM x3650 (7979) ServeRAID Problem

Hi,

I'm trying to install Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 on a IBM eServer x3650 (Type:
7979, Model: KTG) server, but having trouble with ServeRAID 8k
controller. I stucked at "Detect disks" step of the installation
procedure. I tried installing aacraid, aic79xx, aic7xxx, aic7xxx_old
drivers with no luck. For aic79xx, aic7xxx, aic7xxx_old drivers, Alt-F4
console continuously reported that

kernel: program parted_dvices is using a deprecated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to SG_IO

But aacraid produced no output. I also saw that aacraid has been already
loaded before reaching to "Detect disks" step.

IBM website has some links[1][2] for RedHat (OpenSuse, SCO, etc.)
drivers but I couldn't manage to compile those RPMs from source using a
vanilla 2.6.18 kernel tree.

You can also check /var/log/syslog[3] file and dmesg[4], "lspci -v"[5]
command outputs copied from installation console. If any other
information is needed, just let me know.

Any helps, suggestions will be really appreciated.

Regards.

[1] IBM Ultra320 SCSI PCIe Controller drivers for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 - Servers
http://www-304.ibm.com/systems/support/supportsite.wss/docdisplay?lndocid=MIGR-5072159&brandind=5000008

[2] ServeRAID drivers v7.00 for Linux for 32-bit and 64-bit - Servers and IntelliStation
http://www-304.ibm.com/systems/support/supportsite.wss/docdisplay?brandind=5000008&lndocid=MIGR-55361

[3] /var/log/syslog
http://pastebin.com/m479c8b6a

[4] dmesg
http://pastebin.com/m4559cca7

[5] lspci -vv
http://pastebin.com/m10b183d5

Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Volkan YAZICI

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to install Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 on a IBM eServer x3650 (Type:
> 7979, Model: KTG) server, but having trouble with ServeRAID 8k
> controller. I stucked at "Detect disks" step of the installation
> procedure. I tried installing aacraid, aic79xx, aic7xxx, aic7xxx_old
> drivers with no luck.

Please ignore the question. Sorry for the noise.

Regards.